just saw this ad for a matchmaking ball that air new zealand is hosting. their tag line is ‘how far will you go to find the one?’
i guess desperate times call for desperate measures. if you can’t find ‘the one’ in the country that you live in, perhaps you need to start examining other far away lands? is that the message here?
1. learned that i can request paper twitter mail from these clever people. so i ordered one. and had to restrain from ordering many. still not really sure how it works, or why they do this for free. but when it comes to receiving stuff in the post, i’m not fussy.
2. spent many moments ogling vintage goodness here thanks to philby.
3. oohing and ahhing at this photoshop magician‘s work.
4. might buy a bunch of these to fulfill my craving to whittle.
5. david precht got me hooked on this housewear site with its tasty ideas.
1. recently my life isn’t allowing room for consistent blog action. sorry to all those [seven people] who come here and are bored by the lack of sparkly new content. i advise you to go to soulpancake instead, as that is where i am usually living. on that note, feel free to email me suggestions for creative challenges: golriz at soulpancake dot com
2. i’m eating salt and vinegar chips right now. and dipping them in plain greek yogurt. it’s spectacular. i know you don’t believe me, but it is.
3. jen jack rabbit is visiting for a couple of days. she is currently sitting on the other side of this table taking over the world and multitasking up a storm. it’s what she does. watchout.
4. every day includes trampoline jumping. this makes every day a great day.
5. we had a party for dev last night. my addiction to rock band is getting out of control and spilling into impromptu photoshoots. here are a sampling of my favorites.
in a couple of days it’s my dad’s birthday. if my calculations are correct he’ll be 61. it doesn’t really seem logical that my dad is in his sixties. i feel like my parents will always be in their forties. just like anisa (my little sister) will always be 3, and my brother, roshan, about 14.
seeing photographs of my sister the other day all glamorous and dressed up for her friends ‘deb’ (the australian version of prom) jolted me back to reality. she’s turning 16 this year, and there is not a thing i can do to slow her down.
in celebration of my dad’s birthday i am posting this picture of him driving/maneuvering/surprisingly-not-losing-a-limb on a tractor. keep in mind my dad is a doctor, not a farmer, but this doesn’t stop him from deciding to buy a huge plot of land and large items of farm machinery.
happy birthday dad. i love you.
if you are located in any of the below locations i’d love to wrap my arms around you and do a jig when i get there.
it’s five months away. so consider yourself notified.
oodles of interesting things to be found at swissmiss
there is a huge space in my heart for people who keep sketchbooks.
this site made me swoon.
photographs taken while driving. i don’t know how they are so beautiful. but i want one of each please.
don’t ever underestimate brevity. six word music reviews.
this person is selling everything she owns.
typography is fun. whats more fun? TIEpography
death cab for cutie last night at the ryman.
the coffee that is now entering my blood stream.
the two asparagus (asparagi) that grew in our garden today that we ate raw.
not wanting to be any place else.
that my office chair is a big red pilates ball that i bounce on all day long.
the meeting i just had that is putting into action a life.long.dream.of.mine. stay tuned.
also, i had devon create an example for today’s SoulPancake challenge.
bliss is definitely having a teammate-creative-collaborator-smooch like him.