1. yesterday i started my 21st week of pregnancy.
2. this means i’m over half way done with the process of growing a baby.
3. this calls for a HOLY MOLY in all caps.
4. because frankly, the past 20 weeks zoomed by. and so wrapping my head around the fact that in another 20 weeks i’ll be holding my child, makes me feel a bit like that moment on a rollercoaster when you are a the very top of the first crest and you know that any second you are going to plummet towards the earth and start screaming. and all the while, realizing that you CHOSE this ride.
5. so the bump touching has begun and by that i mean people (friends and strangers) want to touch my belly, which i’m actually not in the least bit perturbed by, because I CAN’T STOP TOUCHING MY BELLY. it’s so freaking amazing to feel little nori move about inside me and since rubbing my belly is the closest i can get to hugging him, well then so be it.
6. i had all these plans to get creative and take daily photos of the bump progress and montage them into something spectacular. but i haven’t followed through on any of those plans. so here’s the latest shot of me care of dev’s iPhone and the only excuse for my dishevelment is that my hair was washed with hand soap. #forgiveme
7. don’t let the cozy slippers fool you. it’s still far too hot in LA.