lessons i will probably never learn no matter how many times i’m presented with the opportunity to ‘learn from my mistakes':
- not putting my toothpaste in my carry-on bag.
- following the washing/drying instructions on clothing.
- not eating/drinking near my laptop.
- sipping, not gulping, my starbuck’s chai incase it is actually made to order and thus scalding hot.
- knowing when to say ‘when’ to salt and vinegar chips.
- realizing that shoes that hurt when i buy them will still hurt post-purchasing
- lip gloss left in the car on a hot day will never recover to its original form
- that i should stop keeping receipts. i will never ever need them. and from past experience the ones i do need, i can never find amongst the hundreds of unnecessary ones.
- that there is such a thing as too much edamame.
- i really do need at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
- keeping my itunes organized is not going to happen. embrace the chaos.
- apostrophe usage.
- always pack a hair dryer. hotel hair dryers are never going to do the job.
- just because i am offered salted peanuts on the plane doesn’t mean i have to eat them and then be desperately thirsty for the rest of the flight because the cups of water they give me are meager and i don’t see why i can’t just have the whole bottle since they are giving everyone else whole cans of soft drink. (sorry, i got a bit carried away with that one)
- the sheer importance of flossing