i’m so grateful for:
1. las paletas (today dev had his first – pineapple/lime – otherwise known as so refreshing you want to bathe in it deliciousness. i had hibiscus – hol’s favorite. who knew a flower could be so flavorsome?)
2. open, honest, communication. i love being able to talk without censoring or layers or filters. consulting has taken on a whole new meaning.
3. pandora. and the fact that my iphone has a pandora application so while i sit at my desk i can just play ‘chromeo radio’ all day long. i’ll give YOU bonafide loving iphone. mwah.
4. friendships that are not weakened by distance or time apart. i have many friends who i haven’t seen in months, others who i haven’t seen in years. and yet, i know with certainty, that if they walked into my house right now i’d make tea, carefully choose a mug that suited their style, and we’d start up wherever we left off.
5. DHG and his infectious enthusiasm and unbridled happiness. a tangible, inspiring example of what it means to be a ‘team mate’ and how to love with complete abandon.
6. the flowers i notice that grow out of the cracks in the concrete as i walk to work.
7. adventurers and artists.
8. the sushi nazi who used to scare me and now begrudgingly puts up with me when i go in an order just a heaping plate of edemame. on my last visit he even gave me a nickname – golzi.
9. the moments big and small where nothing else really matters.