sorry to disappoint you, but this post is not about vampires. not even slightly. i just wanted to cash in on the hype. so this is me. cashing in.
i’m going to try to be a more routine blogger. and teeth flosser. these are two things that are not that difficult to do, but yet i seem to put off, for other things. like watching the john adams miniseries, or perfecting the BEST sugar-free, wheat-free (for those who “get it”, these are 100% JW-friendly) peanut-butter cookie recipe.
which i have perfected. 4 measly ingredients people.
1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
1 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of rolled oats
mix together in no particular order. heat the oven to 350. bake for 12 minutes. tah-dah.
for those of you who are privy to how utterly disastrous my first ‘meeting’ with rainn wilson was – you will understand how the fact that he retweeted my tweet today was cause for grand celebration. i think it signifies that he no longer thinks of me as the strange girl who did the ‘robot’ while repeating ‘i’m a mac’ like a mantra.
side note: i finally met rainn in new york a month or so ago, and not only is he as awesome as you already know he is, but he’s also a fantastic father. little walter wilson was scampering all over him (as small children are wont to do) and rainn wasn’t phased in the slightest. carried on with our breakfast meeting while exuding super patience and attentiveness.
in conclusion, do i have the best boss in the world and the best job in the world? why yes, i think i do.
list of all the things i wanted to do today. but didn’t.
* snuggle up to a cute baby and inhale the smell that only babies have
* go to a yoga class
* buy a ukulele
* go for a long walk by a stretch of water
* start reading a book i can’t put down
* buy a pet lemur
* take nontraditional portraits of people
list of things i did instead.
* stayed in pj’s till 5pm
* went on a vespa ride with dev at dusk
* feasted on peanut butter cookies straight out of the oven
* impatiently waited for my friend to tell me she is engaged
* chit chatted with ry-lash
in other news:
- i also spied this spectacular portfolio of abandoned houses.
- i want to high five people who make the most of umbrellas and puddles and jumping photos in the rain.
- i swooned over the capture of colorful walls and doorways.