1. the same cake you made for me seven years ago, i decided to make for you. on this day. your day.
1a. i’m glad you enjoyed it.
2. today i received a manuscript for a novella. written by a friend. a poet. an artist. i know if i start reading i won’t stop until i reach page sixty four. so i am saving it. for tomorrow’s plane trip. and the airport terminals inbetween.
2a. the description line: ‘documents held together with alligator clip’, definitely made me smile.
2b. did i tell you once that our souls are friends? i am sure i did. but i want to be sure.
3. it was not okay for you to be spoken to like that and i’m sorry for the hurt you must have felt. it is awful to feel so indispensable.
3a. if i was there i would hope that i would have had the chance to stand up for you. don’t allow the unprofessionalism you experienced to squash your passion. promise me.
4. it is already tomorrow (12.16am) and i haven’t packed for my trip. or started getting organized. there is chaos around me and in my head.
5. i think i need to stop eating sugar. i think i might start tomorrow.
6. i can feel something stirring in the air. i’m not sure what it is but it makes my heart beat faster. and i’m always on the verge of sighing.
6a. i think i sigh more than the average person.
7. soy chai latte with a shot of espresso from wild oats = perfection
8. listened to your cd today on the way to work. sang along on the top of my lungs.
8a. is it everything you hoped it would be when you spun around in circles in anticipation?
9. we’ve stopped communicating. and i don’t really feel the need to start again.
10. i slept in the middle. woke on one side.
11. whether we are experimenting with pendulums, or i’m shifting gears so you can talk on the phone while driving, you bring incredible amounts of joy and laughter into my life. thank you.